While the Dell Inspiron Chromebook 14 isn’t what I’d call a super high-end 2-in-1, it’s definitely above the typical mid-range category thanks to the 8th-generation Core i3 U-series processor. And right now it’s priced like a below mid-range Chromebook: You can save $150 and get this laptop for $399 at Best Buy.
Android Police spotted this deal, which is a solid one if you’re on a budget but don’t want to skimp too much on performance. Here’s a rundown of the specs:
- Intel Core i3-8130U processor
- Intel UHD 620 integrated graphics
- 4 GB of memory
- 128 GB of eMMC storage and microSD card slot
- 14.0-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) TrueLife LED Backlight Touch IPS Display with EMR Pen Support (pen included)
- 720p webcam
- Two USB Type-C ports, one USB Type-A port, microphone/headphone jack
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2
- 56 WHr battery and 45 Watt charger
- Weight of 3.99 pounds
Back in April, the Dell Inspiron Chromebook was on sale for $499, which I think is more appropriate than the regular price of $549, currently through Dell directly.
With the U-series chipset, this Chromebook can run longer under a heavy processor load before it has to throttle back on speed to reduce heat. Of course, the U-series chips also use a fan to help mitigate overheating and slowdowns, so if you prefer a fanless device, this isn’t for you.
If you don’t mind that, however, $399 gets you a strong performing Chromebook with 1080p display and pen support, capable of fast browsing, multiple Android apps and even some Linux software if you decide to enable that option.