We’ve seen some online retailers start to tip their hand early for availability and pricing of the Asus Chromebook Flip C434. Staples joined Promevo last week with the latter adding an upgraded model and its cost. Now, Asus is getting its own messaging out.
I realized this when I saw the above ad on a site and later saw the below banner ad. It shows the 2-in-1 Chromebook along with a “Shop Now” call to action.
Unfortunately, clicking that text doesn’t let you shop now. However, it does allow you to subscribe to updates using an Asus Member account for the Asus Chromebook Flip C434 on a new page of the Asus site. That page shows the C434 along with three other older Flip devices which you can purchase.
The page also confirms the direct price of the base model to be $569.99 as well as the previously announced specs:
- Intel Core M3-8100Y, 2C/4T, 1.1GHz (4MB cache, up to 3.4GHz)
- 14” LED-backlit IPS NanoEdge display, 100% sRGB, 1920 x 1080 with 5mm bezels and a 360-degree hinge
- 4 GB LPDDR3 memory
- 64 GB eMMC storage
- MicroSD card reader, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Two USB Type-C ports, one USB Type-A port (all ports are USB 3.1)
- Backlit keyboard and multi-touch trackpad
- HD webcam, presumably 720p based on the lack of a “FullHD” mention
- 48 WHr battery, no estimated run-time yet
- 3.2 pounds
There’s no mention currently of the higher priced models which will come with additional memory and storage as well as either an Intel Core i5-8200Y or Core i7-8500Y processor.
And although we pretty much know everything about the Asus Chromebook Flip C434, the new information page includes this video:
My hope is that Asus doesn’t consider registering for availability information the same as actual product availability by the end of March, which is less than two weeks away.