Every so often I see some hard-to-find discount or coupon savings on Amazon products.
Today is one of those days and it’s on the $569.99 Asus Chromebook Flip C434.
With the extra $119.09 discount applied to the current $50 off pricing, you can nab this 2-in-1 convertible Chromebook for $399.99, as reported by Android Police.
Just to be clear, Amazon sells two models of this convertible: One with 4GB of RAM and one with 8GB. Both have 64GB of local storage that can be expanded with a memory card.
The discount only applies to the 4GB model, which may not be enough memory for some people. But if you plan to use this Chromebook for casual browsing and productivity, it could be enough. Personally, I always opt for as much RAM as possible, but then again, I’m a full-time Chromebook user that relies heavily on lots of browser tabs and Linux desktop apps.
With that said, you’re getting a capable all-aluminum Chromebook for this price and it will get Chrome OS software updates all the way out to June 2026:
- Intel Core m3-8100Y, 2C/4T, 1.1GHz (4MB cache, up to 3.4GHz)
- 14” LED-backlit IPS NanoEdge display, 100% sRGB, 1920 x 1080 with 5mm bezels and a 360-degree hinge
- 4 GB LPDDR3 memory
- 64 GB eMMC storage
- MicroSD card reader, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Two USB Type-C ports, one USB Type-A port (all ports are USB 3.1)
- Backlit keyboard and multi-touch trackpad
- HD webcam, presumably 720p based on the lack of a “FullHD” mention
- 48 WHr battery with an estimated 10 hours of runtime
- 3.2 pounds
Essentially, you’re getting many of the same or similar internals as the Pixelbook Go, which is a Chromebook I really like. Of course, the Pixelbook Go is $250 more than this sale price, so even if I was looking at the Go right now, I’d probably lean towards saving a little money and going with the Asus.