If your Chromebook needs can be met by an eighth-generation Intel Core i3, there’s a great deal on the Dell Inspiron Chromebook 14. Normally priced at $599, you can save $150 on this 2-in-1 from Best Buy or $159 off directly from Dell.
The Dell Inspiron Chromebook 14 was introduced back in August and first went on sale this past October but it’s still a solid device, provided you don’t want or need an Intel Core i5 or Core i7 to power you through the day. Here’s a rundown of the specs:
- Intel Core i3-8130U processor
- Intel UHD 620 integrated graphics
- 4 GB of memory
- 128 GB of eMMC storage and microSD card slot
- 14.0-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) TrueLife LED Backlight Touch IPS Display with EMR Pen Support (pen included)
- 720p webcam
- Two USB Type-C ports, one USB Type-A port, microphone/headphone jack
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2
- 56 WHr battery and 45 Watt charger
Weightof 3.99 pounds
With this configuration, I’d say this is ideal for someone who uses their Chromebook as… well…. a Chromebook.
Meaning, you can probably have at least 10 browser tabs open simultaneously with no ill effects. An Android app or two thrown into the mix should be fine as well. I’d be leery of relying heavily on this device for lengthy Linux use via Project Crostini at the same time though, mainly due to the 4 GB of memory.
I have little doubt that some of the About Chromebooks readers own the Dell Inspiron Chromebook 14, so if you’re one of them, let us know how it’s working out for you.