I’m surely not the only one who spends early Sunday mornings surfing weekly ads over coffee. If you’re not one of those people though, you will have missed a $100 sale on the HP Chromebook X360 14 at Best Buy: This 2-in-1 Chromebook is priced at $499 this week and you’ll also get a Google Home Mini with purchase.
HP debuted this convertible back in October with this very model, which is the base configuration. If you want a Core i5, Core i7, or other changes, you’ll have to hit HP’s store to choose your options, which of course will significantly bump up the price.
Here’s what you get for $499:
- Intel Core i3-8130U, which is higher performing than the Core i3 Y-series processors found in other Chromebooks but does use a fan to dissipate heat.
- Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 8 GB of memory
- 64 GB of eMMC storage and integrated memory card slot for additional storage
- 14-inch 1920 x 1080 IPS touchscreen
- Backlit keyboard
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2
- HD webcam with dual array microphone
- Two USB Type-C ports and one USB Type-A port (all are USB 3.1), microphone and headphone jack
- 60 WHr battery with runtime up to 13.5 hours, per HP
Weightof 3.7 pounds
I personally haven’t used this device, but I trust my pals at Chrome Unboxed when it comes to
Overall, it’s not a bad combination of hardware for everyday usage including web browsing, Android apps, and even some occasional Linux applications. And although you can usually find a Google Home Mini on sale for $30 or so, the free smart speaker is a nice bonus.